At the end of the main selection, you will find a suggestion for informal assessment called a Quick Check. This will suggest pages for further skill instruction for students at all levels. You will find Quick Checks available for various aspects of literacy, including comprehension, fluency, and vocabulary.
You can do this using the ExamView Assessment Suite program. Follow these steps to create an assessment by standards in ExamView.
1. Launch ExamView.
2. Select Create a Test from Scratch.
3. Enter a name for your test.
4. From the top menu bar, click the Select menu.
5. Choose By Standard from the Select menu.
6. Select a test or several tests.
7. Click the Next button.
8. On the Step 2 box - Select Questions by Standards, click on the down arrow in the Standard Type box.
9. Select State Standard.
10. Now select the test items that match the state standards you wish to include in your test.
11. Finish creating your test.
You can install the ExamView Assessment Suite CD-ROM to generate tests, test online, and manage test results. You can also go to the online edition to access these resources. Online editions are accessible through the McGraw-Hill Learning Network (mhln) at http://www.mhln.com . Once there, you will need to register using the information given to your school.